Tuesday, May 3, 2011

That Scar on Her Neck!

It has been a couple of weeks since I made my last blog post.  I am a "wannabe" writer, but I normally don't write unless I have been inspired by something.  My last few blog posts came because of something that I saw, heard, or experienced.  I was thinking in the last few days...."I NEED to get inspired "by something" to "write something!"  Well...this morning, it occurred.

This morning was a somewhat normal morning, in my somewhat normal little southern home town.  I had stopped by one of the local businesses to pay a bill. As I handed the clerk my money, a friend that I hadn't seen for a while came walking through the office.  I may not write like I have a southern "drawl", but those of you who know me realize that I surely do speak with one.  So, as is the custom here in the South, I spoke to my friend in the customary manner.........."How'ya gettin' along?"

In the same customary Southern manner, she responded...."I'ma doin' purty good, how about you?"  Well, that is where all the "customary" ended and the "encouraging" began.  I knew that she had had a battle with an illness, and I had heard that she had come back to work, but, since I hadn't seen her recently, I had not heard her story directly from the "horse's mouth" (Of course that is another Southern term, not a reference to her size or appearance..LOL).

She said, "You know, they tried to "mark me off", but I am glad to say that I am doing well and I'm glad that I am back to work."  And she also said something that was really encouraging.  She said that she didn't realize how many friends she had and how much their encouragement meant to her while she was recovering. She said that she had renewed and strengthened many old friendships and made many new ones.  She also said that  "All those prayers really worked.  I will take all of those that I can get!!"

Then she pointed to her neck and the scar that was the reminder of her illness. We both agreed right then that even in the middle of the bad and difficult things that we encounter in our lives, there is normally many good things that come out of them.  These stronger old friendships and the fun new friendships were proof of that comment.  The scar on her neck will be a reminder of a "valley" that she had to travel through, but also of a "mountaintop" that she is getting to enjoy.

I have another friend who has encountered events in her life that has now caused her to have "A Scar on Her Heart."  but, just like the first story, she is seeing things occur that are giving her the encouragement and strength to go forward.   Each step that she moves forward is a step further away from the "Pain" and a step closer to the "Gain."  I am sure that every reader of this blog (as well as the writer) has had events like this in your lives.  We need to recognize that when those times (and persons) of encouragement come into our lives, how precious they are.  But, we also need to recognize, that very soon, we will be able to exchange roles.  We will be able to be the one to lift up someone else and help carry them through one of those times in their lives that just seem overwhelming.

Just remember....."Bless" and we will "Be Blessed!"


Remember...my motto:


              Building up Homes


                        Building up Businesses


                                        Building up Others



See you on the other side!!
 
Teddy Griffin

 Go directly to my media page!

Hear..............Forget
See...............Remember
Experience....Understand


   teddygriffin2036

Follow me by clicking the logos below:

      

No comments:

Post a Comment